Sunday, April 27, 2008

Endurance, Endurance (not Speed), Endurance

Saturday: After a very late night on Friday, I awoke a little reluctant to run but was spurred on by the thought it was just a short one today. I had my new earphones with me, which turned out to be so-so, and the main thing is the adaptor they came with, allowing me to use any headphones with my mobile. I had Lucozade to drink during the run, which was on a very hot and sunny day for Manchester. The plan was a 10min run, gentle and slow, saving the legs for a long run tomorrow. I covered 1.64km in 10mins 23secs, and though the time was very good for me, I was disappointed actually by how fast I went. It was very much a hard and fast run, I am obviously having major problems telling my body to focus on endurance over speed. Hence, still worried about how I am going to last a 10km. Tomorrow ought to be a necessary, confidence-boosting, race-preparing 60min run. The knees were a little achey after the run, and the sports bra was digging into the right side again. Once I can run for longer,I will be more satisfied and less nervous about GER.

No comments: