Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Half Marathon Training Begins - Down and Up

Monday: Some days definitely do not pan out as expected. I managed to get out for a run, though disappointing. It was a real struggle, I just felt heavy and tired, despite my enthusiasm over starting the half marathon training programme. Technically, I was supposed to start tomorrow but knowing the other half would be away for most of this week, I knew I needed to run whilst I still had someone to watch my daughter (on school holidays). I think I was also pretty stressed during the run, the whole issue over having noone to babysit this week so I could run. Stress will sometimes motivate me to run, but sometimes, it gets in the way of the enjoyment of running. I ran the shorter than needed time of 16mins 10secs, covering 2.54km. Disappointed and stressed, I expected the week to be a difficult one, in terms of my running. However, hope was more alive than I realised; on returning home, the other half suggested and encouraged my visiting family in Scotland whilst he was away on his trip. A little thought, a quick check of train fares, and I had my tickets booked - I travel tomorrow early morning with the kids :o) By going away, at least I will have the opportunity to run (family can babysit) and staying home will definitely mean no running. So, for the second time in a month, I am going back to Scotland, a holiday for the kids, maybe even one for me? :o)

No comments: