Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Coffee and Pills

Monday: A rest day and gladly so, my body was extremely tired and I napped when I could. It's a temporary side effect of the antibiotics, extreme drowsiness, but I guess that is preferable to nausea and diarrohea :o) I found drinking lots of coffee later in the day helped, I could not have functioned otherwise with kids, housework and studies. I have mapped out a route for tomorrow, a big circular route which should be easy enough for me to remember and also it hits the 4mile target I want. I voiced my concern in the running forum about depending on energy drinks so early on in my running to improve my endurance levels and I received a reply saying I should do what works for me. That was pretty much the line I had planned to take but it is reassuring hearing that from more experienced runners, as I so very much want to do this 'right' and be ready for the Great Runs in May. I am trying not to focus on my disappointment with some previous running days, I know I need to focus on the next day as a fresh day and be positive. Tomorrow is my last day on the antibiotics, which will be a relief, I really shouldn't be drinking so much coffee during training. But the main thing is to get to 100% again and, once the drowsiness wears off, to get back to lots of water.

No comments: