Sunday, February 24, 2008

Doctor's Orders

Saturday: I visited the doctor's and am on antibiotics for a few days, for a minor though discomforting infection. Just as well that today was a rest day, I felt very tired and run-down. Perhaps two consecutive running days added to that and I am considering following the training programme more closely, in keeping training to alternating days. I managed to rest a fair amount and even a short nap, and the day ended on a personal high, if not running related. I am allowed to keep running while I am on the antibiotics, though potential side effects could of course affect my performance. To think I was always so wary of injury ruining my training, and it is an infection which is slowing me down, but noone ever said it would be easy :o)

No comments: