Saturday, February 2, 2008

Keeping Up Momentum

Friday: My training plan advised a rest day, it rarely suggests running two days in a row. But knowing I cannot run on the weekends, and also that I need to keep the momentum going, I decided to go off the plan, or rather, catch up. The weather was truly awful, strongest winds I've experienced, and ice cold temperatures. I was lucky to miss the hailstones, which began after I got in the car to drive home. I did my 5min warm-up though i was still very cold at the end of it, and I contemplated doing 2 rounds of 15min runs as I did yesterday. I ended up doing just the one, I was struggling for over half of it. However, that seemed pretty much in accordance with the training plan, so I wasn't too disappointed. I went off for a walk after that, for over 30mins, so I felt good about having kept my legs going. My right calf was threatening to flare up seriously during the run, and I think it was wise not to have run more than that. I enjoyed today, I didn't feel so guilty about walking so much, and being in such a beautiful park makes it a better experience. At the end of the day, I felt very hungry. I've noticed I feel hungrier and thirstier these days, and it can be hard trying to drink enough water. Much to my surprise, I don't ache nearly as much as I thought I would. The right calf often feels tender or sore, but that's about it, the rest of my body feels quite good, helped greatly by a hot shower immediately after every run.

No comments: