Sunday, January 27, 2008

Not Enough Rest for a Rest Day

Saturday: Last night, I went out for dinner, and treated myself to chips and Coke, along with my grilled chicken. But I think my body is starting to change and reject anything 'non healthy', which is of course a good thing, but very strange for me, having been used to having a body that never rejected junk! The dinner didn't settle well with me, though I wasn't actually sick. Then today, I again felt 'junk rejection' as I went to Pizza Hut for lunch with the family, a treat for the kids whilst we were shopping. I ended up skipping dinner because I felt I'd be sick, though I was fine later in the evening. So food-wise, I am pleased that my healthy eating over the last couple of months is being accepted and actually craved by my body. Today was supposed to be a rest day, but I ended up doing a lot of walking as I was shopping. At the end of the day, my feet were really aching and my right calf still feels tight and stiff. I have tried massaging and rubbing it, which has made some difference. I end up aggravating the aches by the way I sit on the sofa, my natural inclination is curled up, legs all bent and folded. I have taken to putting my feet on a footrest stool, legs stretched out, which will take a lot of getting used to. I hope to rest my feet and legs more on Sunday, though I must be realistic, as I have a lot of housework piled up. But I am sure it won't be as bad as today was for my feet.

No comments: