Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Rest, But Not Rested

Tuesday: As planned, I rested today. I considered going to the park for a walk anyway, but decided against it, as I would have been too tempted to run for a bit. Staying at home when I would rather have been running was a little depressing, and by evening, I was actually very down about it. I had plenty of things to do to keep me occupied but for some reason, my body felt very sluggish and sleepy. At the end of the day, I felt completely exhausted, even though I hadn't done half as much as I do most days. I was struggling to stay awake and decided I wouldn't get any effective study done, so I had an early night (early being in bed for 11.30pm). The only good thing about today was my finally deciding to register for the Great Edinburgh Run. The OUSA running forum was very helpful and after speaking to my other half about it too, I realised I could do both Great Runs, as long as I trained hard enough! I rang up to register and now, I am officially in training to do two Great Runs. The thought is more exciting than terrifying right now, I am sure the reality of it all will eventually hit me :o)

No comments: