Sunday, March 9, 2008

Rest and Reflection

Sunday: An extremely late night meant I was up late this morning and despite my attempts, I was unable to find time to go out for a run today. I was keener on the idea and the body was more ready for it than I expected. Not to be, though, so a rest day. The right calf felt perfectly fine all day till evening and started to ache again. It does feel a lot better compared to yesterday though, the ice has made a big difference. I craved junk today and gave in to it, which is so disappointing, after doing so well in my running. This has been a really good running week for me, I feel I have been making real progress in my endurance levels. I am feeling more confident and fitter, and as I get more serious about my running, I am still really enjoying it. All in all, a productive week. Tomorrow, I am being joined by my other half for my run, which ought to be an interesting experience, if nothing else. He isn't keen on the 'early start' but it will be good for me to run along with someone, as much as I prefer to stay on my own, because I will have to run with hundreds and later thousands for my races.

No comments: