Thursday, March 13, 2008

Ups and Downs

Thursday: The weather was a lot calmer today, still quite breezy, but better running weather. I aimed for 20mins and managed 23mins 46secs, covering 3.27km. It was very hard today, the right leg felt very achey and heavy for a great deal of the time. This was despite coming back from a rest day, and the leg remained difficult to walk on as I went back to the car. Stopping to break made it worse, walking (or half limping) eventually relaxed it. I felt very tired later, partly due to a sleepless night with the kids, and managed a short nap. I'm pleased I made my target, I guess I need to keep on my endurance and delay any thoughts about speed. The Salford Run is getting closer and luckily, I have discovered it won't be clashing with my studies, so I am good to go on that front. Whilst I am satisfied on the running front, my studies need a lot more concentration, having barely passed my first assignment. The Easter holidays will be a big challenge for both my study and running commitments, as the kids have different holidays this time, but I've never been one to shy away from a challenge.

No comments: