Thursday, May 29, 2008

First Post-Sale Run

Thursday: Back to the park today. It was sunny and warm, and I had Lucozade Sport Lemon Plus to sip. I realised that GO really did have a hint of lemon, as this drink was akin to being overdosed on lemons... The aim was a 15 to 20min run, I felt pretty relaxed about today. It was strange not having a race to aim for, well, not an imminent one anyway. I would have liked to enter the Race for Life on the weekend (5km) but it is apparently too late to do so. Still, I plan to go and watch, and cheer the runners on. Today I just went all-out within minutes, I think my body just wanted to run and not worry about pacing itself, after constantly having to do so for races. I went uphill for a bit, making the most of the adrenaline rush of running without care. The lack of water from my rest days, as well as the not so healthy snacks, definitely affected me, though the drink was helpful. Feeling very tired in the heat, I stopped at 14mins 13secs, having covered 2.17km. I was surprised to check on fetch that I wasn't as fast as I thought I was, it had felt an uncontrollably fast pace. Though I was exhausted and sweating hugely by the end of a very short run, I enjoyed it today, it felt rather good. The run ended at the other side of the park, leaving a long walk home, but the walk was good for the legs, which couldn't run anymore but definitely needed to keep moving. I began to feel the blisters on my left foot again, which I hadn't noticed during the run. When I got home and took the socks off, they were huge again, much to my disappointment. I also noticed slightly lumpy kind of swelling on both feet, above the heel and a few inches down from the ankles. Probably nothing, and not really painful to touch, but I plan to get it checked out, to be on the safe side. I spent the rest of the day barefoot again, walking with my weight on the outside of my feet to help the blisters heal fast. My runner friend advised vaseline for them, which I unfortunately don't have (does vicks balm work as an alternative, I wonder). Lots of water today, to keep hydrated, and lots of pasta, partly because I wanted it, and partly I hope it will help with running tomorrow. I'd quite like a long run tomorrow, how long, I don't know, I guess I'll just see how the mood takes me. It's my birthday and I was so keen to have a race to do, but none near enough to me, so this is the next best thing. My kids asked why I didn't take a day off running for my birthday, but I tried to explain that it was something that would help make my day, and I do mean that. Looking forward to tomorrow's run, should be a pensive one, too. My earphones are currently lost so I relied on the mobile's loudspeaker to run to music, the same will probably happen tomorrow. Hope it rains, that would be rather lovely indeed :o)

No comments: