Thursday, January 17, 2008

Back on Track

Thursday: I had to delay running but I am glad I made it. I forgot my hat but at least I had my earphones, a cold head is more bearable than being unable to listen to motivating and uplifting music. It was very windy and towards the end of the run, it was raining very hard. But today was definitely a successful session. I timed myself as much as possible, varying between 2 to 4 minutes of walking to 1 minute of running. Towards the end, I tried lengthening the running to a minute and a half, and for the last one, I went all out into a run-like-a-madwoman sprint, which lasted nearly four minutes. I spent around 25 minutes in the park today, and I would have spent longer but I had to pick up my son from nursery. By the end of the day, I report aches in both legs, but it feels good in a way, because it reminds me I had a productive session. My right leg, specifically the lower thigh and general knee area, is particularly tender, possibly due to uneven weight distribution. Though runners world would suggest a rest, I figure I must do a session tomorrow, because the whole of the weekend is going to be a rest for me. Having a great day like today spurs me on to more excitedly to the next run. I noticed a few joggers today, young fit people who didn't make eye contact. What a contrast to the countless elderly dog-walkers I saw, each of them gave me a big smile and remarked on the weather being the usual rain and pain. It makes a difference when people smile, made me feel more 'welcome' in the park. Looking forward to tomorrow already :o)

No comments: