Monday, January 14, 2008

Bad Start to Week 2

Monday: Despite feeling awful, I decided to go for a run anyway, to keep up the momentum. Also, knowing my son had settled so amazingly well at nursery, I felt that if I gave in to an excuse now, I would keep giving in. However, I later realised it was a valid excuse. I did about 18 minutes of walking and jogging, equal amounts, and had to stop after getting chest and lung pains. It was very windy and no colder than usual, and I had managed to avoid the rain for that short run. However, I couldn't ignore those pains and had to stop, much to my disappointment. I had to rest when I got home and have spent much of today, like yesterday, drinking lots of warm orange juice and hot mugs of tea. It is probably best I have a rest tomorrow, to recover fully. Not feeling any aches at all, probably dulled by the pain in my throat and chest. Fingers crossed, back to it on Wednesday.

No comments: