Saturday, February 16, 2008

Alarm Off, Sleeping In

Friday: Though I had planned to run today, when the alarm went off at 5.45, I thought I deserved a break. This was a rare moment, me being happy not to run. I caught up on much-needed sleep and later felt pleased I had rested myself, and willingly so. Perhaps I am slowly beginning to think like a proper runner, and accept my body's need to rest and repair itself. I am in two minds over running tomorrow, since I have a study tutorial to attend, and I am thinking of having another rest day, then possibly running on Sunday morning. It's taken time but I am finally feeling better about having rests, perhaps due to exhaustion! As much as I am enjoying the early morning runs, I find myself very tired in the afternoons. This is short term though, I should be back to mid morning runs next week, when the kids go back to nursery and school. I am just relieved that this temporary training plan is working out and that I am not wasting a week sitting at home.

No comments: