Sunday, February 17, 2008

Perseverance

Saturday: The plan for today was to do one 15min run, instead of the two I usually do, due to time constraints. As usual, I wasn't able to have a proper breakfast at 6am, my stomach seems to be have become very fussy about food since I started running. I had a Tracker bar and a glass of milk and set off in the freezing cold. I didn't bother with the pedometer, now that I have the brilliant fetch website to refer to. I began with a 5min walk/warm up, no problem, then began the 15min run. But it had to be the worst I have done to date. Around 8mins in, my legs quite suddenly felt dead, drained of energy. I slowed my pace further than the already slow pace that it was at, but it was extremely difficult to keep going. I felt like I was dragging two big logs, it took every ounce of effort to not stop completely. I was so so disappointed with my legs, I don't know why that happened, and as suddenly as it did. It's possible that I need to warm up more, considering the low temperatures I have had to run in early in the morning. I walked home after that, half limping, bringing my total session time to 30mins. Fetch informed me I covered 2 miles in that time, which is worse than I usually do, but the time didn't bother me as much as my incompetent legs did. The main positives to take from today is I didn't give up and and I achieved 15mins which is what the training programme advises. As long as I persevere, and be sensible with it, I should get to where I want.

No comments: