Thursday, February 21, 2008

Personal Goals in Freezing Weather

Wednesday: Freezing temperatures all morning, the park was covered in thick frost and fog. My jaw felt like ice while I walked as part of my warm up. I also did some stretching, which I am often lazy about, but I was wary of the extreme cold causing me injury, injury worries being on my brain. I am trying to be careful to remember to have the right bra on, cotton with good support, to ensure comfort and eliminate chafing. I did two 15min runs, and covered under 4 miles in 51.5mins. The focus is on endurance, as it has been from day one. The fetch website informed me of the mileage as usual, and I wasn't pleased that I hadn't reached 4miles in the last two sessions. So I have made time to plan myself, and mapped out a route of at least 4miles for my next run. Measuring routes outside of the park is much easier but I am persevering with keeping my route within the park. I much prefer the park, in spite of the increasing number of runners appearing every time I go, which feels strange as I started running at a time the park was near empty. I guess I should get used to seeing other runners and not be so self conscious, because after all, the Great Runs will have thousands of people running, and I need to concentrate on me and not the people around me. I am feeling very serious about my running now and am proud I have set myself the Great Runs as goals. I haven't lost as much weight as I hoped yet, though apparently it's due to fat being converted to muscle, though I don't look or feel muscular. But I feel fitter and stronger, and I am starting to see positive body changes, small ones they may be but change is good :o)

No comments: