Monday, February 18, 2008

Monday: Icy cold today, despite the sun. My contact lenses have expired so had to wear glasses which is not the most comfortable option. Still, I was glad to be back in the park, and not having to wake up at dawn. I didn't have time to plan my route before going to the park, so I ran a route I hoped would be sufficient. I started with a 7min walk, then15min run, 4min walk, 15min run, then cool down. When I got home, I checked the fetch website, to see I had covered under 4miles in 49mins, tho it wasn't easy measuring distances accurately in the park. The first run was immensely hard as some of it was uphill and I really struggled to breathe with the gradient. I seriously thought that I couldn't cope with a second 15min run, I had struggled that much. But the walk after the run re-energised me quickly, and I quickly changed my mind and started another 15min run. The second run was much more enjoyable and less of a struggle, as it was more downhill and flat. I am so pleased I managed to do the two runs, I feel my body should be doing it with more ease now. At the end of the day, no major aches to report, and the right calf feels a lot more normal at the moment. It is slightly worrying how the last two runs have felt more difficult to do but I am hoping it is temporary and that I can improve on my performance with time :o)

No comments: