Wednesday, March 5, 2008

46 Days To First Race

Monday: I finally experienced running in hailstones, having experienced nearly every other type of weather, and I can report it is no fun at all. Luckily, they didn't take up the entire running session, but enough to inform me I definitely dislike them. I planned on a 20min run, and I managed to cover 2.81km in 22mins 27secs, which included some uphill and downhill. It's best I measure my distance covered in kms, the same as my races, instead of miles. Today's run was obviously tough due to the adverse weather but nonetheless I was satisfied with my persevarance, assisted by a bottle of Lucozade. The run did aggravate my right calf, however, and I nearly fell down the stairs at home as my right leg gave way. I am doing lots of stretching and massage to strengthen the calf, as it goes stiff very quickly and it worries me it may turn serious. I intend to run tomorrow to keep up the momentum and stretch the right leg. As my studies become more time-consuming, I will need to consider better time management so that neither my marks or my running suffer. Less than 7 weeks to go till my first race, the thought of which is both exciting and nerve-wracking.

No comments: