Thursday, April 3, 2008

Blisters and Half Marathons

Thursday: As expected, no time for a run today. However, a great deal of walking in heels have left my feet aching and blistered. I really hope the blisters won't bother me too much for tomorrow's run, am really regretting not having worn better footwear today. Have decided, after arm twisting and such encouragement, to aim towards doing a half marathon in Glasgow in September... I am sure a lack of sleep is contributing to this mental state I am in :o) As I train for the Salford 5km in April and two 10km Great Runs in May, I know I will want to keep going and whilst I had added possible 10km races to my portfolio on fetch.com, I never seriously considered the jump to a half marathon. I have yet to complete a race, hence my need to think and re think entry to races at the moment. But I guess it makes sense, it would be a natural progression, the next challenge for me. There are 12 week programmes online which I could follow from June, after the Great Runs in May, fitting nicely with the September half marathon. At the moment, 13.1 miles of running sounds terrifying, of course, but I aim to have done a number of 10km races by then, so as time goes on, it feels like it will be more doable. I am sure that I will awake one morning, well, many mornings, wondering what the hell was I thinking signing up for a half marathon... but, as some say, the thrill is in the chase to victory, less in victory itself. Having an online trainer push me to my limits and beyond may prove, though exhausting, but definitely exhilirating :o)

No comments: