Wednesday, April 2, 2008

More Haste, More Speed

Wednesday: 2.5 hours sleep but I was up for running nonetheless. I was in a rush and forgot my earphones, a drink and the calf gel - clearly all over the place this morning. However, today proved to be my fastest run to date, covering 3.28km in 22mins 24secs. Lack of sleep can mean I run on adrenaline for a while (and later coffee) and that's the only reason I can think of for doing so well today. I really went for it towards the end, having watched my time and wanting to beat my previous time for the same route. Felt both surprised and pleased to have done well today. The weather was cloudy and cool, I arrived in the park after the rain stopped. There are more runners around, they must be coming out of hibernation. End of the day, the right calf is aching again, though mildly; I have had a throbbing headache all day and general fatigue through sleep deprivation. No running tomorrow due to pre-planned family commitments but I hope to be back to it on Friday, as good runs spur you on to keep the momentum going.

No comments: