Thursday, April 24, 2008

Cold - Day Two

Wednesday: It was raining heavily this morning and I was still not fully recovered from my cold. But with time very much being of the essence, with my 10km race just over a week away, I was irritated to be resting a second consecutive day. Today was spent drinking lots of Lucozade plus lots of paracetamol to get back on my feet, getting the household chores done. My temperature was up and down a lot, the shakes were eased by the drink and the faintness was combatted with good old-fashioned salt. By the end of the day, I was a lot better, the nose was still very blocked but it should be dealable for running. I am a little apprehensive about being underprepared for the Great Edinburgh Run (GER), as I know the first few runs after a cold are not always the best. I am hoping my body can bounce back quickly and get back to normal fast, I am determined not to let this cold affect the training time I have left. A website I had been waiting to register with has finally got back up and running. Great trainer should hopefully be texting me to remind me about training sessions, which I don't need but I see it in a supportive context. It also offers training plans tailored to individual needs and having had a quick look around the site, it seems very easy to use and quite informative. Tomorrow should be a training day, hoping that two days of rest will show in my performance. I am looking forward to GER, in that it's my 'home ground' and it's familiar to me. Currently, the nerves centre around my preparation for it; once I get some more training under my belt, I should feel more confident about doing the 10km.

No comments: