Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thigh Ache And Things To Come

Saturday: An incredibly late night, seeing in the official start of summer, meant I was too tired to run this morning. The legs were aching today, and the backs of the thighs in particular niggled. I haven't felt my thighs ache since back in January/February, am used to calves being the problem area. Perhaps due to the week off running? Whatever the reason, I tried to rest today, and ignore the feelings of 'complete newbieness'. The tiredness is still there, over the smallest of tasks, and I happily indulged in some junk food in the evening, fed up with the healthy eating at the moment, which leaves me feeling no more energetic than if I had stayed hungry. The plan is to run tomorrow, and that would mean I had missed 2 training runs this week, out of a possible 4. I received my half marathon confirmation in the post, much to my delight and nervousness (a mix of both really). No backing out now, I am entered :o) It's also exciting to be doing the race with my friend, and of course, it will entail going back to my beloved Scotland, which is a cheering thought. Before then, a lot of running to do!

No comments: