Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Week 4

Monday: The training programme had today as a rest day. Tomorrow will be my first session of interval training, 3min fast runs followed by 2min recovery jogs. It looks a bit complicated, well, it isn't really, just seems like tomorrow will require a lot more concentration on times. This is week 4 of training towards the half marathon, the aim as always is to stay on top of the programme. I've been thinking about which charity to run for; I spoke to my daughter's school teacher about raising money for a sick girl in her class. She had a brain tumour and is currently undergoing chemotherapy. She's the same age as my little girl and it brings it home harder :o( The teacher will speak to the girl's father on my behalf, about either raising money for her or for a charity that supports them. My runner friend voiced concern over the issues over raising money for a person and not a charity (being open to suspicion and accusations from people, or that the family may feel I didn't raise enough). It's a shame that we have to consider such things but it's a harsh reality, I guess. I will wait and see what the girl's father says. I would so love to make a positive difference to that little girl's life, and if my running can make a difference, it's not in vain and it goes beyond what it does for me.

No comments: