Saturday, January 12, 2008

Back with a Vengeance

Friday: I was positively chomping at the bit today, having had two days off. First run with my new Rugby Nations hat :o) It didn't rain but the hat was great in keeping my head warm, and it made me feel less conspicuous (even though i probably wasn't!). I had the earphone problem again, refusing to sit in my ears if I dared make a movement faster than walking. I have got on the case of finding headphones compatible with my mobile - ebay! The weather was a lot better today, it was cold and a little windy, but no rain at all. However, there was a lot of ice on the paths and I had to really watch some areas for fear of injury. I nearly slipped at the end, just walking towards the car to go. But I had a great time overall. The ratio of walking to running was around 2.5 to 2.75 : 1. I did some long periods of walking, absent mindedly, and tried to do my best to make up for it in running. I tried a slower method of running, which was so slow, i may as well have walked, but this allowed me to run for longer and build up the stamina for bursts of faster running. I saw another lady out jogging, middle aged at least - I gaver her a big smile, we runners need to stick together! I found it awkward running past the open air cafe by the boating lake, it was busy today and I felt very self conscious. I strayed from the 'usual path' and and enjoyed going to previously unwalked/unran in areas. The session lasted around 45 minutes which included nearly ten minutes at the end of me walking around quite slowly to unwind. I also found logs which I walked over and around many times, to stretch my legs further to warm down. My thighs were frozen again today whilst the rest of me was most red and sweaty. I found having a hotter than usual shower made a difference to my aches, barely felt any so far. I won't be training the next two days, since the kids are home on the weekend. Actually looking forward to Monday for once! :o)

No comments: