Monday, January 7, 2008

And It Begins...

It turns out the nursery gradual admissions policy dictates that admission is, in essence, gradual :0o So I stayed with my son as he played. However, determined to make a start, I took my son with me to the park straight after. 25 minutes of mostly walking and spurts of jogging, keeping in mind both the advice from runners world and also the fact my 3 year old likes a slow walk. It was a lot of fun, muddy as hell in some areas, which annoyed me as my nice new training gear was ruined (!), so I stuck mostly to the concrete paths. First reaction, wow, great fun :o) It was really quite exhilirating, it was the kind of cold weather which feels good on the face and perks you up. There were very few people about, the only ones I saw were elderly people walking their dogs (which further distracted my excitable son and slowed my pace). And no skinny folk jogging to ruin my view, splendid! I really wanted to stay longer, even just to walk, but understandably, my son could only take so much. I enjoyed myself so much, I am so glad I went. There are no aches/pains to report since I really didn't exert myself enough, though the shower I had was one of the most refreshing in a long time. I am a little bothered by my left toe, which has been a pain for months, but it shouldn't be a big hindrance at this early stage. Tomorrow, my son is allowed to stay on his own for a bit, so I shall be jumping at the opportunity to get to the park. My friend has advised me to be careful incase I injure myself, and I will be very watchful regarding running on slippery muddy surfaces, not just for the sake of my clothes! Looking forward to tomorrow already, newbie's first trip on her own :o)

No comments: