Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Post-Decision, Pre-Run

Tuesday: A rest day due to family commitments. I tried to register for the Great Manchester Run, but encountered problems. I did receive an email saying I was registered, but technically I had a few more steps to go, and then there were technical problems. I hope to finish registering over the phone tomorrow. Body-wise, some aches, nothing major. I was itching to run today, which I think is the excitement of doing the Great Run. Wonder how long that will last :o) Right now, I am feeling very pleased with having decided to go ahead and do it. It means my running will have a sense of purpose, and sticking to a more formal programme should mean getting fitter more quickly. Before, I was anxious about doing something like this on my own. But knowing I am also doing it for Sam and for charity, I don't feel so alone. Plus, my runner mate is full of useful advice and tips, which is such a confidence-booster. I have always been more academically-minded, rather than a sporty person, despite enjoying sports, so this is a new experience for me, challenging my body and not my mind. I'm looking foward to running tomorrow, getting out there and making a proper start on training for the Run.

No comments: