Monday, March 24, 2008

Emotions And Speed

Monday: I had 90mins sleep then I dropped my brother off at the train station. Having had a god-awful night, I came home and got changed to run, otherwise I risked taking out a lot of anger and frustration on the kids. The snow had defrosted completely, annoyingly sunny today (still hatless), and I set off with orange-flavoured Powerade and a playlist of fast music reflecting my emotions. I did some uphill, such was my desire to run till I dropped, and it was a good run. Very irritatingly, I got a stich again less than two minutes away from my end point, and it really is agonising trying to finish with that pain pulling away at your insides. But finish I did, my second fastest time to date, 3.8km in 26mins 25secs. I kept trying to slow down but found it tough today, I am sure I could have run for longer if I hadn't run so fast. However, achieving speed is a positive step and it was pleasing to check on my fetch training log that I was really fast today. A good and productive run, it helped me work off some steam, through the pains of running. The cool down walk home was difficult, my right leg was stiff and heavy, and the pain of the stich seemed to echo to my back and all around my insides. The right leg is feeling sensitive and sore at home, which I made worse by falling asleep on the sofa for my 90min sleep last night. Feeling very tired and emotional now, glad I got a good run in early, so will try to rest when able to. I may rest tomorrow, having run two consecutive days, and going to watch how the right calf and knee feel. Also, though Powerade tasted better in the orange flavour, I don't think it gives me the energy boost Lucozade used to. I am trying to settle on which drink helps most and will be trying out blueberry Ribena soon too. Though I'd prefer not to have a drink with me, I am coming round to the idea of sipping drinks as I run, since I recall performing so well with Lucozade. As long as it's beneficial to my performance, I am willing to give it a go.

No comments: