Sunday, March 23, 2008

Week End On A High

Sunday: My brother asked to accompany me on this morning's run, which I didn't mind, though I warned him I wouldn't stop once I started, as this was a proper session for me. Cue jokes and me being called Paula Radcliffe (by him) and Kelly Holmes (by the other half) :o) I awoke to thick snow outside and wondered if I would get any safe running done. With Powerade in hand and rules explained to my brother that I don't talk while I run, we set off, walking as a warm-up. It was actually a good laugh having him walk with me, I was already in a good mood when I woke up, and some light banter was a lovely change to being on my own. When we got to my starting point, I had to wait a few minutes while he did some stretches. We set off laughing as our earphones flew about madly but I quickly concentrated back on the run. There was a lot of thick snow on the ground and it took a lot of concentration to avoid icy patches, slowing down on worrying terrain. My brother kept alongside, running ahead at times, other times falling behind. This lasted around 6mins, he slowed down to walk and I carried on, waving my arm in the direction I was going. I timed I did 23mins, covering 3.28km. It was a good run, I felt good throughout it, except for the last 2mins, I got a stich and really struggled to make it to my planned finishing point. The Powerade was handy, the harder I run, the better it tastes. My brother was surprised by my endurance levels and pleased I have found something I enjoy and is obviously beneficial to my health. A really good run today, in terms of how I felt throughout it, feeling fit and relaxed, and even the struggling bits felt good. The right leg is slightly stiff but nothing major. The week began with me feeling panicked and under-confident, so it's good to have moved on from that, feeling more positive.

No comments: