Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Running In Drizzle

Wednesday: A very drizzly day. I set off, wearing a new hat (having lost the old one), and with orange Powerade. It was really good to wear a hat after so long, I don't like attaching psychological values to objects for my running, but the hat improved my mood. Also, it helped me focus on keeping my eyes on the ground rather than to what was ahead, the thought of which can tire me. I repeated the route I did on last time, covering 3.8km in 28mins 15 secs, nearly 2 more mins than last time. The Powerade makes no real difference to my performance, having tried two different flavours for the last few runs. Today was still a good run, I got into my 'zone' very quickly, around 5mins into it. I was pleased not to have had a stich, like the last two times, but instead of that, the issue today was my right calf and knee aching around 6mins before the end of the session. Sometimes during a run, aches will begin and then they fade, and other times, the aches get stronger, turning into stiffness and heaviness. Today was a case of the latter. I put all my weight on the left leg, making it work harder to support me till the end of the run. Post-run, I was half limping for a while, the right leg felt like it had shut down. Irritating but hopefully temporary. It felt good to run in drizzle and a good feeling to be getting close to 30mins of running. I think I'll give up on Powerade though and go back to Lucozade.

No comments: