Friday, March 28, 2008

Let It Rain, I Hydroplane

Friday: In contrast to yesterday's sunshine, it was raining hard today, much to my delight :o) I awoke this morning, wanting to sleep a little longer, but hearing the rain actually motivated me to get up. Had my Lucozade with me again, which I really feel gives me a fast and lasting energy boost. I was in a good mood, and pleased to be running in the morning again, the park was mine again. I covered 3.74km in 26mins 58secs, a little more distance than yesterday and at a slower pace. The anti inflammatory gel is making a difference, the right calf's aches were a lot easier to deal with today, and running in general felt better. A positive mental attitude (pma) can be hard to conjure up on its own but when the little things go well, it comes naturally. I felt stronger today and had more 'in the zone' periods, which led me to do part of the steep uphill slope which I will do in the Salford 5km Run. I think I also wanted to test how well the gel would cover the aches of doing uphill, which it did fine, and I feel that despite being at a slower pace, I had an enjoyable run. That is me having done 3 days of running in a row and I wonder if I should rest tomorrow. I saw only one other runner today, zooming past wearing a waterproof cagoule, which made me think, 'soft', hehe. I was soaked to the skin, competely, by the heavy rain, but I loved it. I did get some funny looks on my cool-down walk home, from people huddling under umbrellas, noticing my hat was in my hand. But it was a brilliant feeling to feel the cold rain when you're hot and sweaty; I'm actually hoping it rains for the Salford Run, I find it motivating and uplifting, I'm sure I can't be the only one :o)

No comments: