Friday, March 28, 2008

Under Doctor's Orders

Thursday: I saw the doctor today about my right calf and knee, who explained my current level of obesity was the main reason for the aches and pains. The probem is 'mechanical', excess weight on my legs is going to hurt, but hopefully things will get better as I lose the weight. He prescribed some anti inflammatory gel to ease the aches, which I applied before today's run. For the first time, I ran in the afternoon, lucky to fit it in being so busy today. A good run, with Lucozade back in my hands and it made a difference, really giving me energy. It was warmer than usual, the park busier with the holidays, which I didn't like, but I enjoyed my run all the same. The right calf ached less, due in some part to the gel, I believe. I avoided uphill to give the leg a break, covering 3.6km in 25mins 03secs on a flatter route. No stich today and no limping, so a great end to the run. I enjoyed today, I got a great rhythm going and it feels great when the body doesn't complain so much. Pleased today, also, finding out I lost a whole stone in 3 months. Running is having such a positive effect, I feel fitter and more confident about my body, so feeling rather glad I gave this a go :o)

No comments: