Monday, April 7, 2008

Chest Pains But Positive

Sunday: I was able to get out for a run this morning, despite the snow covered streets. Again, I forgot to apply the calf gel, but that wasn't the main problem today. I began well, I think I am finally finding a rhythm to follow and am learning to switch on my 'running head', to help me focus. However, after only 12mins, I started to feel chest pains which got slightly tighter as time went on, so I stopped at 14mins 35secs, having covered 2.17km. The pains eased off slowly as I walked back home, first time I have had them in ages, hopefully just a one-off bad day. Still, I was pleased when fetch informed me I had run rather faster than I had realised. With the first race looming, I did some uphill today, and maybe I ought to do uphill more, I shouldn't get used to flat routes. I felt dehydrated today, though it still felt like a good run. Tomorrow is a rest day; we still have the guest staying, so I ought to stay home for that reason, plus sleep deprivation is catching up with me as I run more. My body is craving sleep more and more, so definitely an early night tomorrow night for Tuesday's run. Doing just under 15mins of running would have annoyed me a great deal a few weeks ago but I have a lot on at the moment, and it isn't bothering me right now because I'm trying to focus on the positives more, there are enough negatives in life without spending valuable time obsessing over them (I say that now...). I'm getting faster, slowly but surely, and running is feeling better. Also, feeling fitter and looking better makes such a difference. I am keen to get my training gear before my first race, it's a logistical operation like so much else in a busy person's life, but even if I'm not able to, I'm still looking forward to the Salford 5km. Again, I say that now... :o)

No comments: