Friday, April 18, 2008

Pre-Race Day

Friday: Early night last night, got 8 hours sleep (a lot for a weekday) but felt tired all day anyway. I even had 2 short naps during the day, just a lot of fatigue. Resting from running, I spent today driving a lot, around family commitments, and later tried to keep busy with housework and preparing tomorrow's lunch in advance. Still incredibly nervous, actually very short-tempered all day, not feeling the excitement just yet. Everything is ready, the clothes I am wearing, got safety pins, mobile phone is charged, and so on. One small setback, my son broke the left earpiece of my earphones, so now I can only listen to music on the right one, which is the one that never sits well anyway. That's really annoying for me, I am big on having my music on while I run, but maybe I'll feel differently tomorrow. One last thing to do is set up a music playlist on my mobile for the race, which I will do tomorrow morning, as it will be something for me to busy myself with, and hopefully motivate me. Feeling very, very nervous at the moment, hoping the nerves will calm by morning. I remember feeling very excited not long ago, and didn't expect to feel this anxious, perhaps it's a 'first race' thing. The weather is forecast to be drizzle and cold (both fine by me) and windy (damn, unless it blows me towards the finishing line). Nothing left to do really now, just hope to get a decent night's sleep before the big day.

No comments: