Sunday, April 13, 2008

One Week To Go

Saturday: Rest day today. The online trainer is calculating a sub 30minute time for next week's race, which is wildly optimistic and nutter-like. My (a) target remains 30mins, which is out of reach, a dream of mine but very unlikely to be achieved. I am keen on hitting the (b) target of 34mins, as my training has me under 36mins. The (c) target is 38mins, which is definitely achievable. A few concerns about next week, all normal, really. Yesterday's practice run boosted my confidence and allayed a few fears. I am concerned, however, over the effect of running with people. I do prefer being on my own, maybe too much so. As for choosing a pace runner to try and keep up with or beat, I think I would rather concentrate on me. That's the biggest issue for me at the moment, how I will run with other people around. As a lone runner, I hope I won't be too put off or moody about it, because after all, one has to be used to people if one wants to do races. This will be great practise for the Great Runs, in so many ways.

No comments: