Tuesday, May 13, 2008

6 Days To GMR

Monday: A planned rest day. I went to hospital, waited a couple of hours to do a blood test that took 5minutes. The results are due Friday, though I may wait till after the race to hear about them. I am sure it'll be fine but I know hearing anything negative may put me off on Sunday, and I need all the positivity I can muster right now. After the hospital, I went to Asda's to get a SiS powder drink sachet. They didn't have the GO one that I wanted to try, I bought the PSP22 instead which is still supposed to be helpful. I will try this for tomorrow's run. The legs felt a little heavy today, not stiff but heavy, and the body seemed glad of a rest. Tomorrow's run will be interesting to see if SiS can help with performance and controlling the faintness. I received an encouraging fmail from a fetchie, which was nice, the fetch community in general is a supportive and friendly one. Getting nervous about Sunday, less than a week to go, and the underpreparation is occupying my mind.

No comments: