Saturday, May 17, 2008

Day Before GMR

Saturday: Last run before the big race. A major change in the weather, it was cold and wet - fantastic for me, I hope it stays like this for tomorrow. I covered 2. 24km in 15mins 27secs, a slow pace to allow the legs a stretch and still hungry for tomorrow. Very nervous today, as usual with me the day before the race. An argument with the other half didn't help matters. My late cousin occupied my thoughts a great deal today, his passing having motivated me to make running a part of my life. My injured friend tried to keep me motivated for tomorrow and I think I am fairly prepard. I pinned the www.uknetnames.com poster to the back of my top and the race number to the front. I tried to keep hydration levels up, despite the weather looking cool for tomorrow. Today's running drink was SiS GO which was awful to taste, though it did help, especially in taking my mind of running when it got hard. The 'hint' of lemon and lime was more like being strangled by the taste (lol) but I felt it helped with keeping hydrated, so will use it tomorrow, especially incase it gets hot. I am looking forward to the race, though apprehensive, as expected. The idea of 10km is still daunting, is that normal even though I did one already. Nervous but ready as I'll ever be.

No comments: