Friday, May 16, 2008

Tapering; Rest 1

Thursday: A rest day and the body was glad of it. It didn't ache so much in that it felt tired and heavy. I looked over race day details to familiarise myself with it all. Despite 2 races under my belt, the nerves are still there, but that is a good thing, I think. Some nerves are good. I do feel more confident about certain aspects because of the (albeit little) race experience I have. I am not feeling so intimidated by the thought of thousands of runners, that is actually quite an exciting thought. I know there will be lots of bands playing music, a real carnival-style atmosphere is promised. A fellow parent has told me she won't be doing the race due to her period (she refuses to run in a 'nappy' and gets hit severely with it anyway). She is really disappointed she can't do it with her mates. I am not worried about that situation for the race (not that I would let it stop me racing anyway), just got to stay injury-free and hydrated and so on. I felt rather sleepy today, the body seems to crave sleep more lately. I am sure this is due to the low blood pressure more than actual lack of sleep. Today felt like a deserved rest day after running for an hour yesterday; another hot day today, though cooler weather is forecast for race day, and my fingers are crossed for that.

No comments: