Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Journey Back To Manchester

Monday: I awoke with the expected aches in my legs. Today was a case of packing to go back home. A short trip to the seaside for the kids was nice, walking on the beach. The legs seemed to really want a walk. Still a sort of anti climax after the race, though I wore my medal on the train home. I had toy medals for the kids to keep them happy, which they wore on the way home too. It was a long weekend away indeed. I think I would like to come back for more races in Edinburgh, family issues and financial issues permitting. Very beautiful city, and blessed with ver warm weather whilst I was there. Today was a rest day due to travelling on the train and also having just raced yesterday. Training run tomorrow, back to it, as GMR is less than 2 weeks away and I have a metaphorical mountain to climb. I will critically review my race performance back in Manchester.

No comments: