Monday, May 5, 2008

Journey To Edinburgh

Friday: Travelled to Edinburgh, after an 'all nighter' (no sleep). Arrived safely with the kids, though on arrival, discovered I had forgotten to pack my race top and training bottoms. This is easily solveable, a shopping trip is planned before the race for a new top. Received awful news about my friend being involved in an accident, thankfully nothing too serious, but it means missing the race on Sunday :o( This was hugely disappointing news, but the main thing is that it wasn't too serious an accident, it could have been a lot worse. It made me think a lot about how fickle fate can be, am hoping I can make the race, having spent so much time, money and effort making it to Edinburgh. Not as excited about the race at the moment but feeling determined to do it. Today, coming back to Edinburgh feels like coming back home. Hope this will inspire me on race day.

No comments: