Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Pensive Rest

Wednesday: Resting today, keeping in mind a plan to have a long run on Thursday, resting Friday and Saturday, and a short pre-race run on Sunday. I napped a little during the morning, the body was craving rest, feeling very tired. Perhaps it's running two 10km races in 2 weeks that caught up with me today. I felt rather lethargic today, quite faint towards late afternoon, probably due to being too tired (or lazy) to get up and make something to eat. Rather down today, continuing from yesterday, a lot on my mind, not running-related though. Hope that my current mood won't adversely affect my long run tomorrow. I was rather surprised and cheered by a comment left on this blog, saying my blog was inspiring, which caught me at an emotional moment. My 'positivity is uplifting', oh dear, the anonymous person will be disappointed with subsequent posts indeed. It was, however, really nice to know that someone enjoyed reading this and kindly took the time to leave a message (thanks to whoever that was). This blog has become quite important to me, I am definitely boring anyone who knows me by my non-stop chatter about running (is it possible to sense eye-rolling over the phone, I wonder). Being able to put down my thoughts and feelings about running, it's very therapeutic, and essentially I can see how far I've come. Hopefully, there is a long way to go yet. Monday's Sale 5 Mile race is looking unlikely, sadly. The visiting family plan to leave Sunday, despite my best attempts to persuade them otherwise; their presence on Monday would guarantee my kids were looked after while I raced, as the other half is arguing again over not wanting me to race, but also not watch the kids for me. It will be a case of me begging them when they arrive on Friday and all I can do in the meantime is train as if I will be doing the Monday race, got to be prepared just incase. My older brother is keen to join me on my training run on Sunday morning which will be nice as I enjoy his company, and a little worrying as he is on a much higher stratosphere of fitness than I am, and my pace could be embarrassing. But I am actually looking forward to seeing him anyway, running with him will be a laugh, I am sure. Just hope I can persuade him to stay till Monday, my heart is increasingly set on the Sale 5 Mile. The other half is convinced I am doing too much but I assured him my body would stop if I was. At the moment, it feels like I can't do enough, I feel the desire to run more and more, the only limits being what my body can take, but that can be negotiated, I am sure.

No comments: