Saturday, May 24, 2008

Plan B Falls Apart

Friday: Resting, though undeservedly. Family arrived today, after hours of cooking and cleaning, and feeling pretty exhausted. The feet ached a lot today, no other complaints. The blister is disappearing fast, I am quite surprised at that, since past blisters (I have had a few, maybe average, though what is average, I could not guess), they have always been more severe and nasty. I didn't miss running today, my mood worsened, a lot continues to weigh on my mind. I was disappointed, nay, pissed off to high heaven when my family warned me in advance of their intention to leave on Sunday, and they could not be persuaded otherwise. I had a few plans tucked up my sleeve, emotional blackmail being one of them (my current mood is unleashing the inner bitch) but it appears that using the family as babysitters for the Sale 5 Mile on Monday is out of the question. I am not a stubborn person by nature, I do not think, I do not do things for the sake of proving a point or to annoy someone else. I usually do things because I want to, because it would make me happy, it's not about being petty with me (usually, I hasted to add). But I am sure it must appear to others I am stubborn, over wanting to do this race on Monday, and that is infuriating. The other half is busy making plans to not be home on Monday, without discussion, and now my plan B (my family) has fallen apart. But I still want to do the race, not to annoy the other half, not because of petulance and stamping my foot to get my own way, but because I enjoy running, I enjoy racing, and with feeling so down lately, it feels so important to have something in my life to work towards and make me happy. I still plan on the pre race run on Sunday, as depressed as I may be over this and other things, deep inside me, a tiny flicker of hope is, well, flickering...

No comments: