Tuesday, July 8, 2008

A Little Stronger

Friday: Like the last run, today was a hot day and the Fetch t-shirt got another outing. Having had 3.5 hours' sleep, I decided that porridge was necessary for breakfast. It's growing on me, slowly, or rather, I find it easier to eat if I am reading something at the same time, a little distraction from the taste ;o) Today's run began well, no need for a long warm-up in this hot weather. It got quite tough as it went on, the last 5/6mins being 'gasping' level for me, really pushing me to my limits. The run was supposed to be 30mins long but my absolute limit was 27mins 48secs, covering 2.81miles. I was pleased today not to feel 'wobbly'; post-run, I was exhausted but very happy not to feel faint like I have been doing, I felt a lot stronger today. Later, I received my copy of the Runner's World magazine in the post, something that delighted me, at the risk of sounding like a geek (hehe). But hey, a running geek, I don't mind that really, I'm getting fitter because of running, so it's all good :o)

No comments: