Friday, July 11, 2008

Stronger, Lighter

Wednesday: Fetch t shirt on again, the weather was cool but with sunny intervals. I had both the hat and shades on today, the brightness can be a bit much when running. Talking of which, I really ought to make more of an effort into buying 'proper' sunglasses. I spent all evening recently looking at sunglasses online but gave up after a while, the problem is finding a pair that will suit me, and buying online, it's strange not being able to try them on first for comfort. But that is a priority for next week, once things settled down at home. The mil is arriving on Sunday, there is much to be done before then, and study and running are going to need a lot of careful planning. Today's run felt good, I am definitely feeling stronger these days. At one point, my legs were running on 'automatic', and I haven't experienced that feeling for a long time, it felt so good! Since things were going so well, I decided to push myself harder, and tackle some slopes, undulating bits I haven't done for a while. And pushed me it did, that had me gasping desperately for air, but at least I was working hard, as I should. Throughout the run, the right foot ache was more noticeable, coming and going, but it wasn't strong enough to cause me problems. The target was 30mins, and I did 30mins 34secs, covering 3.12miles. The post-run recovery state was a lot faster and better, I was easily able to do some short sprints home in between the walking. However, I kept getting a stich-like pain in my right side when I ran, as has happened a few times. But I'm pretty happy with today, on target with the programme and most importantly, I feel strong and able to run. Extra bit of good news for me, weighed myself and discovered I have lost 2 stones since I took up running in January :o) Very pleased with this and hope the weight continues to fall off, still a lot to lose, but I'm glad I am seeing and feeling the results :o)

No comments: