Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Post - Platt Fields Rest

Monday: The high from yesterday continued, or rather the effect of drinking so much celebratory Irn Bru ;o) I rested today, and the body was keen in the rest. My right leg, the knee in particular, ached strongly all day, easing off by evening. I realised I haven't felt the usual aches in the right leg lately, not because I haven't noticed, but because my problem at the moment is the 'hollow/faint' feelings. I would rather an achey leg, something the gel always helps with. I can't believe I did a 10km race yesterday :o) It's ironic, when I ran/walked GER, I was incredibly disappointed with myself, but this time round, I can't stop smiling. Perhaps reaching certain lows gives one a different perspective. I can't help remembering how difficult it was, how miserable I felt at certain points. I recall a man on a bike riding past, I was walking and puffing and panting, and he shouted something like 'Don't give up, love, you can do it, keep going!', and that had felt really good to hear. The runners I chatted to before the race encouraged me to join their club; any runner you speak to, wants you to join their club, which is lovely. It really is like a big friendly community. I was given leaflets by one of the organisers at the end, though the club is quite far from me. It has made me think more about joining a club, perhaps, oh if only one had creche provision, life would be easier! I really would like to save money on race entry fees, I am noticing this racing is costing me more and more. I was set on joining FERC but I wonder, what if I decide and am able to fit in a running club in the future, then I would be paying extra. I plan to do at least a race every month, even if it's a small one, and this is all going to add up. The only race in July I could do is a race for life, and that is 9 miles away, at a time we are really budgeting everything. I have added the Sale 10mile to my fetch race portfolio, I need to do a 10mile at some point, and doing it a month before the Glasgow Half, sounds reasonable. Though my heart stops at the thought of a 10miler (gulp).

No comments: