Wednesday, July 2, 2008

New Month, Renewed Determination

Tuesday: New month, renewed push to run great :o) The first outing for my new fetch t shirt, despite it being rather snug, and luminous, oh gosh, so luminous! Today was rather a hot day, so just as well I had a t shirt, plus my capri pants. Great trainer expecte an intervals session adding up to 30mins; after much thought over recent form, I decided it was enough for me to take an easy pace to get to 30mins. It started badly, I got a stich after a minute; I slowed and pressed on it, determined to keep going. The stich came and went throughout the run, moving around; I turned up the music and tried to keep going at a slow pace. What stopped me eventually was the wobbly feeling in the legs that had me stumbling before 20mins; I stopped at 21mins 23 secs, having done 2.14 miles. It was annoying I couldn't make 30mins but I was still pleased with how today felt, it felt doable and satisfying, and that's how I feel when I enjoy my running :o) Walking home, I felt it was taking too long, so the cool-down was a mixture of walk/jog/run. Good to have kicked off the new month with a couple of miles; the Sale 10mile is on August 3rd, a month away, and I will need plenty of miles behind me to be prepared for that. I am enjoying the fetch forums, full of runners discussing issues that I can identify with, and lots of great advice from others. It was pleasing to talk about Platt Fields 10km with my injured runner friend who was both pleased I did it, but concerned that I had maybe risked my health to do it. I think it was risky indeed to have gone ahead with it, but that I was very sensible about it, maybe a more stubborn runner than me would have got injured. I am still feeling rather happy that I completed it, when I know how close I came to just walking off in tears. There is so much to learn from every race, I feel mentally stronger for every race I do. Tomorrow is a rest day, as the programme says; there is a lot less guilt attached to resting these days, not sure what it says about me as a runner, but it's definitely an indicator of my continuing lower than usual energy levels. Got to focus on my diet to keep me stronger, and if I hear one more word about not sleeping enough, I could strangle someone...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to reading the next blog entry...

See you soon