Sunday, June 8, 2008

Back Home

Friday: I had time to run this morning, but chose not to, instead going off on an adventure of sorts (being more 'nutta' than sensible, perhaps, and that wasn't my choice of adjective!). I can't complain, I did have time to run again but I chose not to. This may be a pattern that repeated itself a lot during my stay in Scotland. I don't think it means my attitude towards running has changed a lot, though. I think, for so long now, I put running ahead of a lot, nearly everything. That was even one of the main reasons for going away, so that I could run more, which may verge on obsessive, I don't know. But going back to my 'home ground', is always an emotional experience and I really don't regret not putting my running first. Catching up with my friend was a lot more important to me, as was enjoying the feeling of being back. My last visit was a very difficult one, hearing about my runner friend's injury and then not doing as well as hoped during the Great Edinburgh Run. This time round, I was more relaxed and perhaps more appreciative of the little things, and not so stressed about running. How strange, though, to think this week began with me stressed out of my skull about how to run with no childcare available. I arrived back in Manchester in the evening, tired, emotional and glad to have had the time away. The plan for tomorrow is to attend a tutorial and possibly make a run, but it will depend on how tired I am. It's been a bit of a mad week so far and the tiredness is catching up. Thank goodness for Lucozade bottles in the fridge :o)

No comments: