Saturday, June 14, 2008

A Fun Run Is Planned

Friday: A rest day after two days of running, and needed after a very late night. More disappointing news on the race front - the Sale Festival 5 Miler has been cancelled :o( So much for plan B. A lot on my mind at the moment, contributing to my desire to race. The other half is celebrating and rightly so, he will graduate next month, having done better than expected, and we're all very proud and pleased; my own studies are a source of misery currently and running is my only solace. I persevered and used another site to look up races for the weekend. I found two fun runs on Sunday and after much thought, I plan to do the 5km Pants in the Park race (in aid of a charity raising awareness of prostate cancer, www.prostateuk.org). Entry on the day is allowed, thankfully, and I am really looking forward to it. It won't be a 'serious' race like my previous ones but I am just so pleased to have found a race :o) It should be a fun atmosphere, similar to what the Race for Life ones are like, I assume. Bit of a problem with the lift situation, the other half thinks a race every 6 months is plenty, plus of course the petrol issue. It can be tiring having to put up with non runners thinking they know best, or rather, always trying to put down anything to do with running, and to be against a race for charity is just ridiculous, in my opinion. I intend to check out the bus timetables for Sunday morning, to go to the race on my own. It could be a lengthy journey but it will be worth it, I surprise myself by how excited I am about racing. But this one will be more fun than competitive, I think, and I just can't wait to get out there and take in the atmosphere. I remember how it felt to be walking around pre-race during the Great Runs and it was pretty exciting, not that this one will be on such a huge scale, but it is a fun run, and it's fair to expect fun :o)

No comments: