Thursday, June 12, 2008

Back To Running

Wednesday: Bad news - the Race for Life allocation has been filled up and I can't do it this weekend :o( I had gone to bed so very excited about it and can't believe I missed out by a day. There is a 5 Mile race in Sale on Saturday but, with our budgeting for petrol (I could rant about how extortionate it is, all day), it is too far for me. I felt a lot better this morning, still took paracetamol and Lucozade to keep me going. I decided I was well enough for a run, well, it took some dragging as I still felt very fatigued, but I thought it was worth a try. It was a warm day but nice cool winds, which helped a lot. Being unwell, I had forgotten to wash and dry my training gear in time, so wore some old tracksuit bottoms today, and I didn't carry a drink, expecting it to be a short run. The schedule wanted me to do 25-35mins of running and I managed to do 25mins 16secs, covering 2.46miles (going to think in miles and not kms now, makes sense to me since I am training for a 13.1mile race). It was very tough, as post-cold runs are for me, I was ready to stop at 20mins. I was panting heavily, partly due to thirst perhaps, and I don't know how but I managed to 'soldier on' to get to over 25mins. It felt so great to be within the programme's targets. After the run and a long cool-down walk, I drank some Ribena and was pleased to feel fine. The training programme suggested a rest between runs but as I am feeling better, I think I may run tomorrow anyway. I'm disappointed not having the Race for Life to do this weekend but I guess I just need to find something else to focus on.

No comments: