Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bad and Interfering Colds

Tuesday: The bad cold got worse, I couldn't get out of bed this morning. I did make an attempt but fell onto the floor, so that did make me realise a run wouldn't be happening today... Again, lots of paracetamol to help me get back on my feet (too much to do, no time to be unwell). I did take a few more than recommended but apparently that's incredibly dangerous, so I instead overdosed on Lucozade energy drinks to get me through the day. Hot tea is also good, though with the recent warm weather, a cold drink felt better. I was disappointed not to run today, I know I need to stick to the programme if I want to be ready for Glasgow in September. It was a a case of resting a lot today and just trying to be patient till the cold and queasiness passed. By the end of the night, I wasn't feeling 100% but I was definitely improving. Whilst lying on the sofa, I spent time looking up future races, something to look forward to. I discovered a Race for Life this weekend in Oldham, which is a fun 5km and for charity; having enjoyed myself as a spectator when it took place locally, I was keen as mustard to get involved. I checked with the other half to babysit and plan to sign up tomorrow morning. Feeling quite excited about it, a race :o)

No comments: