Sunday, June 8, 2008

Family Before Running

Thursday: Family commitments dominated this evening, when I had planned to run. My older brother had planned to run with me and I was happy to have his company, but running time never materialised. I was a little disappointed by this, it has been 3 days since I had a proper run. However, I did know that staying with family was not a guarantee for running time. Also, I have chosen not to run and put friends first, so I can't complain. The kids are loving their holiday, I am quite fatigued by lots of walking (sightseeing etc) and late nights/early mornings. The body isn't craving running as much as the mind is saying I ought to be running. Great trainer are texting to remind me to run and though I am worried about falling behind with the programme, I am reassured that at least this is the start, and I have plenty of time to catch up. It's important not to stress about my running when this is the nearest to a holiday I am going to get for a while.

No comments: