Sunday, July 20, 2008

Big Day; Not So Big Newbie

Thursday: Despite my best attempts, no running again today - an abnormally long gap for me now. The graduation took precedence, as it should, and it was an enjoyable family affair, the usual mix of near-tragedy and ridiculous comedy. The right foot feels a lot better, perhaps the rest has done it some real good. I truly dislike long gaps in running but when they do happen, I remind myself I am still training as the resting counts. It was rather lovely today to see and hear the running has paid off in weight-loss terms; my mother, usually scolding me (and rightly so) over my excessive weight, was extremely proud that I had lost weight and scrubbed up okay on an important familt occasion :o) Everyone commented how good running was for me, except the mil, who though is pleased I have lost weight, refuses to back my running in any shape or form. I'm pleased too, I feel fitter and I like how I look more, hope it carries on this way, more weight loss and more feel-good endorphins from my running :o)

No comments: